Before Your Event
- Give Yourself Time to Promote. Event requests should be made at least 2 weeks in advance. This gives you enough time to spread the word! For tips on how to do this, check out our blog post: 9 Promotion Tips for Fundraising with GroupRaise.
- Request With Intent. While it can be good to submit a handful of Event Requests for restaurants in your area, we expressly prohibit submitting large volumes of requests in the name of getting an acceptance more quickly. Restaurants, like you, invest resources in each event they accept. Our advice: Request with intent to commit.
- Check the Location Policies: Once you choose a restaurant, make sure you're aware of their location policies. Do they need a W-9 Form? Do they have an attendance minimum? Any requirements for group type?
- Always Wait for the "Accept". The restaurant has 7 days to accept your event request. Once accepted, you can start promoting! Haven't heard back from the restaurant and anxious for an answer? Let us know and we'll shoot them a message.
- Communication, Communication. Historically, events are more successful when the organizer and restaurant communicate beforehand. For more information on how to contact the restaurant click here.
- Rack Up Those RSVPs. Your event gets a unique Meal Page where supporters can RSVP. You have until 3 days before the event to gain at least 20 RSVPs on your Meal Page or your event will be cancelled. Don't worry--we provide you with tips and tricks to reach your goal along the way so that your event can be a success.
- Don't think you'll make it in time? Message the restaurant! They can override the RSVP minimum if your group feels confident you can have a successful event even if you're short on RSVPs.
During Your Event
- Dine to Donate. The restaurant donates a percentage of the sales from supporters who dine during the scheduled timeframe of the event. Supporters just let their waiter or cashier know they are dining in support of your group and they're set! For information click here.
- Do Not Solicit On Restaurant Premises: This is against our event policies and can only be done if you've received explicit written approval from the restaurant contact.
- Say No to No-Shows. Just like you, restaurants invest time and resources into making sure they are ready for your event. Think you may not have enough supporters by your event date? Simply reschedule or cancel the event by contacting the restaurant. If you have trouble reaching them, let our Customer Support team know.
After Your Event
- Cash Your Check. Donation checks generally arrive between 4-6 weeks of the event date.* Haven't received yours by then? Reach out to the restaurant for an update. If you are having difficulty getting in touch with them, tell us and we'll follow up.
- Ready for Round Two? Once you've done it, the second time's even easier. Try switching it up (or choose the same spot if you loved it!) and gather your friends and family for another fun night of donations and dining.
Whether you're a fundraising newbie or a seasoned pro, we're always here to help you make your event a total success. Send us a message with your questions, explore more of our Help Center or check out our blog for our best tips and tricks.
*By accepting an event, the restaurant assumes responsibility for the reporting and distribution of donation funds following an event. While GroupRaise is committed to helping facilitate the communication between the fundraising group and the host restaurant, GroupRaise is not financially accountable for the final donation.