Below are a few steps you can take to prepare for your first event:
- Connect with the Group: Contact the organizer via email, phone, or our Event Messenger feature. Confirm things like their projected turnout, how they've been promoting, communicate how you will identify supporters.
- Review Event Info: i.e. Start time, estimated attendance, organizer name and contact information, etc.
- Train Your Staff: Send a reminder email out to your staff and manager on duty. Make sure they are updated on:
- Fundraising Window: When will this event take place?
- Group Info: Who is the group? What is their contact info in case you need to get ahold of the organizer?
- Identifying Supporters: How will you identify supporters? Do they just need to say the group name or do you have a policy stating that they must provide a flyer/proof of RSVP?
- Tracking Sales: Will sales be tracked by POS? At the register/table? Who will be responsible for collecting them?
- Create a System: Select the manner in which you will record event sales i.e. Collecting receipts or tracking via POS system. See our tips on best practices for this below: